Asbestos Gutter Removal
At Asbestos Compliance Solutions, we are leading experts in identifying and safely removing asbestos-containing materials (ACMs) from properties in the UK. One of the most common places to find asbestos, in both residential and commercial properties, is the guttering.
Our specialised team understands the potential risks associated with asbestos in gutters and is dedicated to ensuring the safe and professional removal of the substance.
Why might your gutters contain asbestos?
Throughout much of the 20th century, asbestos was a commonly used material in construction due to its heat resistant and insulating properties. This changed when the associated dangers of asbestos exposure were found, however, it left many older properties still containing asbestos in areas such as the guttering.
Risks associated with asbestos in your guttering:
If you suspect that your property contains asbestos, you should not attempt to remove it yourself.
There are numerous risks associated with asbestos exposure, most notably health risks from breathing in the hazardous fibres which can be released when disturbed. Complications such as lung diseases, including asbestosis, mesothelioma, and lung cancer can all be linked to asbestos fibres.
Alongside this, there are also legal ramifications to consider when handling asbestos-containing materials. It is essential to choose a company that holds the correct experience, training, qualifications and insurances to complete your work for you.
Asbestos In Your Gutters – The Signs
It can be hard to know if your gutters contain asbestos, but there are a few telltale signs to look out for which may increase the likelihood of the presence of asbestos:
- Property Age – If your property was built in the 20th century, then asbestos is more likely to be present. With guttering, asbestos was particularly popular up until the mid 1980s.
- Previous Roofing or Insulation Work – If you are aware that your property has previously had roofing or insulation work which involved asbestos, then there are higher chances that it may be present within the guttering too.
- Wear & Tear – If your property falls into either of the above categories, and has worn/damaged guttering, then we highly recommend speaking to us as soon as possible. Wear from weather exposure or disturbance can release asbestos fibres if present.
Expert Asbestos Gutter Removal
At Asbestos Compliance Solutions, our team has a vast array of knowledge and experience in asbestos management, surveying & and removal, serving customers throughout the United Kingdom. With our comprehensive knowledge and unwavering commitment to safety, we guarantee a thorough and efficient asbestos gutter removal service, protecting you from the dangers associated with asbestos-containing materials. When you choose us for your asbestos gutter removal needs, you benefit from our comprehensive approach:
1. Asbestos Surveying: Our qualified and experienced asbestos surveyors will conduct an inspection of your guttering & surrounding areas to determine the presence of any materials with the potential to contain asbestos. Where necessary, samples will be taken and analysed by a UKAS accredited laboratory to confirm or deny the presence of asbestos within the sampled materials.
2. Bespoke Asbestos Management: If asbestos-containing materials are found, we can, if required, provide tailored advice on how best to proceed. This may be to safely manage the existing asbestos, repair it, or to remove it completely. Our experts will consider all necessary precautions to minimise disruption and ensure the highest level of safety throughout the process.
3. Safe Asbestos Removal: Our experienced operatives employ appropriate containment measures, removal techniques and specialised equipment to carefully remove the asbestos-containing guttering. We adhere to stringent safety protocols and dispose of the hazardous materials utilising our own licensed waste transfer station in accordance with UK legislation, ensuring complete compliance.
4. Asbestos Waste Disposal: ACS have a fleet of purpose-built vans designed specifically for Asbestos removal and collection. We hold an Environment Agency Waste Carriers Licence (CBDU 241907) which enables us to carry waste on the public highway and applies to any businesses that transport waste. This means that we can safely remove asbestos from your site and dispose of it via our own licensed waste transfer station (Permit Number KB3706TK).
Choose Asbestos Compliance Solutions for Professional Asbestos Gutter Removal
Contact us today to schedule a consultation. Call us on 01623 473214 or email us for a free estimate. Our expert team is ready to assist you in the professional removal of your asbestos guttering, or any other asbestos-related issues you may have, allowing you to breathe easier and enjoy a healthier environment.
Unsure if you have asbestos in your property? Read some of the ways that you can find out – How To Know If You Have Asbestos In Your Property